Here are the main causes of a bad taste of municipal water:
- Chlorine – You all know the experience of being near a pool and even having the impression of taking a sip of this water.
- PH – It must be between 6.5 and 8.5. Beyond these parameters, the water will have an ugly vinegar taste.
- In your building, are there old iron or cast iron pipes?
- Where do you take your water? Are you in a shopping center, an institution such as a hospital, an incarceration center or a school? If you take water from a classic fountain and pressurized, you will surely have a metallic aftertaste. In this case, there are two reasons for the bad taste of water.
- 99% of the waterers on the North American market are manufactured by Haws, Halsey-Taylor, Cordley, Oasis, Ebco and Sunroc. All these companies install tanks made of copper. Copper gives a metallic taste to water.
- In addition, the majority of these fountains are fed directly by the water of the city, without any filtration. So you have the total, i.e. the taste of chlorine, metal and others.
You have a well water.
The aforementioned causes for the bad taste of municipal water are also valid for well water. However, there are several other causes that can affect the taste of your well water. It will first discuss and do an analysis of your to know the solution or solutions to propose.
Do not be afraid, Source Omega has several solutions