A water that tastes ….
Below are the main causes of the bad taste of municipal water:
- Chlorine : you all know the experience of being near a pool and even having the impression of taking a sip of this water.
- PH : it must be between 6.5 and 8.5. Beyond these parameters, the water will have a bad vinegar taste.
- In your building, are there old iron or cast iron pipes?
- Where do you take your water from? Are you located in a shopping center, an institution such as a hospital, a detention center or a school? If you take water from a classic fountain and pressurized, you will surely have a metallic aftertaste. In that case, there are two reasons for the bad taste of water.
- 99% of the water fountains, on the North American market, are manufactured by Haws, Halsey-Taylor, Cordley, Oasis, Ebco and Sunroc. All these companies install copper tanks, and copper gives a metallic taste to the water.
- In addition, the majority of these fountains are fed directly by the water of the city, without any filtration. So you meet there all the elements that give to water a chlorine and metal taste.
You have a well water.
The aforementioned causes for the bad taste of municipal water are also valid for well water. However, there are several other causes that can affect the taste of your well water. It will first be discussed and we will do an analysis of your water to find a solution.
Do not be afraid, Source Oméga has several solutions!Back to the Blog